Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Sexy Without the Sex - Evening Rose

Rose Wentworth is a young woman who lives with her great-grandmother as her caregiver. As they are the only family that the other has, Rose feels obligated to help Grammy as she slips into the throes of dementia. It's not easy, as Grammy can be very demanding. However, a chance meeting with JD Stone proves to be just want both Rose and Grammy need.

"Hello?" Rose sounded breathless.
"Hiya. You sound like you've been running," JD said.
She giggled. He could picture her tossing her head, flaming hair swirling around her face.
"I feel like I have been. We've been interviewing caregivers all day. I'm exhausted."
"Found anyone yet?"
"No. I thought I had a couple, but Grammy hated them on sight. That's been the major drawback. She doesn't want anyone around but me."
"I have a couple more names for you. Talk to them, introduce them to Grammy and see what she thinks. They're the folks who cared for my dad. I think she'll like them."
"Sure. I'd like that."
He gave her their names and numbers.
"They're expecting a call. I already talked to them."
She chuckled. "Do I hear ulterior motive in your voice?"
"Only the chance to spend more time with you, Rose. Quality time...."
"I'd like that, JD I'm anxious to find out your real name." She let the suggestion hang in the air.
"And I'm anxious to tell you."
"Motivation," she whispered huskily. "Red hot, heart stopping, pounding, sweating—motivation."
"Jesus!" His body reacted to her words, tone and suggestion in a predictable and annoying way.
"Does it make you hot? Thinking about me? Does it?"
"You're gonna make me spill my coffee, Rose." It was difficult to breathe and harder to speak.
"Coffee's the least of your worries, JD. I bet I can make you cum in your pants."
"Please don't. I'm at the office." He tried to laugh, but was worried she was serious.
"You don't think I can?"
"I firmly believe you can. Very firmly...."
Rose giggled again and the sound danced around in his head.
"Are you sure?"
She sighed heavily, her voice ending in a squeak, catching on a high note. She sighed again and moaned. She continued for several seconds.
JD knew he should hang up, but his mind and body were at war with one another. He wanted her and she knew it. Obviously, she wanted him too and was determined to make him totally crazy as expeditiously as possible.
"Am I...." his voice came out an octave higher than usual. Clearing this throat, he tried again. "Am I going to get to see you this evening?"
"I certainly hope so." She layered the comment with suggestiveness.
"I'll come around six. Over," he added quickly. "Come over around six."
Rose laughed, trying to smother the sound.
"Want me to bring dinner again?"
"I'm actually cooking tonight. The Colonel sat with Grammy while I went to the store. I'm fixing roast and mashed potatoes, steamed carrots, fresh bread...."
"You bake bread?"
"I do. It's light, fluffy, delicious." She extended each word, making it sound sensual.
"Kind of like you, then?"
"Exactly like me."
"You're killing me. You know that, right?"
"Mm hmmm...."
She sounded so happy about it, he had to laugh.
"I'll bring wine."
"Planning to get me drunk so you can take advantage?"
"Only when we're alone—completely, totally, unequivocally alone. Which reminds me, make those calls. Interview, introduce and all those other 'I' words."
Rose's laughter made his heart sing. It was the most beautiful sound in the world, except for the sounds she would make when they made love. He couldn't express how much he was looking forward to hearing them—and not over the phone.

© 2016 Dellani Oakes





No comments:

Old Time Religion ~ A Love in the City Romance by Dellani Oakes – Part 51

Mrs. Bannister bustled in a couple minutes after Obi and Clive arrived. "Thank goodness you're here," she said to Clive. "...