Thursday, November 18, 2021

Crash Into Me ~ A Love in the City Romance by Dellani Oakes – Part 36


When she'd frisked him, it had been all he could do, not to rub himself against her questing fingers. Hers were strong hands, capable of giving great pleasure, or inflicting equal pain. He'd rather skip that last part.

As soon as he got home, he stripped, dropping his clothing as he headed to the shower. Once there, he lathered up and enjoyed some personal time. When he picked up his clothing, he could smell Eilene on his shirt and jacket. She smelled like cocoa butter and coconut, a delicious combination. He wanted to eat it off her, capturing her scent and flavor on his tongue.

"Jesus, Newt. You need to get laid," he muttered.

With that hope in mind, he packed an overnight bag, complete with a full box of condoms. He wouldn't push, but he certainly believed in being prepared. That accomplished, he threw it in the backseat.

Time didn't pass quickly enough. He was so anxious to see Eilene, nothing held his interest. He picked up his house, put away his laundry and went for a long run on his treadmill. That all killed about two hours, and he was bored again. He was considering doing yard work, when his text alert sounded. Swiping the screen, he found a message from Eilene: Horatio, Horace, Herman, Hercules, Haime, Hershberger, Helios....

When he stopped laughing long enough to type, he sent back: Not even close.

Hector, Hollingsworth, Holiday, Hipparchus, Hippogryph

He sent her a selfie of him pulling a wry face, giving her a thumbs down.

Hitler?

Dad's Jewish. What do you think?

Hooter?

Though I'm VERY VERY fond of boobs—no.

Henry, Hal, Hank

Essentially the same name. It's amazing. The more you try, the further away you manage to get.

Hoyt.

Babe, just stop. No means no.

Hakeim. Hasaad. Hasamm.

I'm a Japanese Jew. Do you really think so?

Hadji

He called her.

"Hedonist, she said when she answered.

"Strangely, that name didn't occur to my parents."

"Japanese—Hirohito!"

Newton laughed so hard, he almost fell off the couch. "I'm dying here."

"Hiro. Haden. Hades. Hancock."

He giggled. "You said cock."

"Hancock," she corrected.

"Better. Hand-cock. A favorite pastime."

"Did you really do that before you came to pick me up?"

"Yes. And when I got home. I'm not embarrassed by it."

"Hezikiah," she said. "Nice, Hebrew name."

"Even if you were remotely close, why would I tell you?"

"You're enjoying tormenting me?"

"Yes. But it's only fair. Just talking to you, torments the hell outta me."

"What? How?"

"You have a very sexy voice. I heard you before I ever saw you. You were giving the commands at the SWAT test. I knew I had to meet the woman with that smoky voice."

She had no response. That was the sweetest, sexiest, most sincere thing any man had ever said to her.

"You there?"

"Digesting that information. You certainly know how to flatter me."

"Flattery implies I'm lying. I assure you, Eilene, it's the god's truth."

"Hershaw," she replied.

Newton burst out laughing. "No."

"Hibiscus. Hymen. Uh—"

Tears fell as he guffawed. It was several minutes before he could speak, and then only in gasps. "Stop! Stop! You're going to make me say something awful. Which wouldn't be my fault. Then you'd kill me."

"Harper. Hooker. Hetch."

"Eilene?"

"Yes?"

"I need to hang up now."

"Why?"

©2021 Dellani Oakes

To Buy Dellani's Books

No comments:

Old Time Religion ~ A Love in the City Romance by Dellani Oakes – Part 51

Mrs. Bannister bustled in a couple minutes after Obi and Clive arrived. "Thank goodness you're here," she said to Clive. "...