Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Game Junkies ~ A Love in the City Romance by Dellani Oakes Part 5


Colby handed her the game card. She thanked him with a nod and genuine smile.

"I'll pay you back tomorrow. I have to hit an ATM."

"Don't worry about it, Ave. Consider it an early birthday present."

Avery giggled. "My birthday's in May. It's November."

"I said early, right?"

"Thanks, Colby." She punched him affectionately on the shoulder. "Want a beer?"

"Sure. Get you one?"

"Please."

He visited her kitchen. It was small, but immaculately maintained. Avery might not have much, but she took care of what she had. He opened two IBC root beers and set one on a coaster next to her. None of their friends drank alcohol. Beer in Avery's household was always IBC. Both her parents were alcoholics. Her father had beaten her and her mother on a regular basis. He left when she was 12. Her mother threw her out when she was 16. The foster system broke down, placing her in a neglectful home with bitter, vicious people. What her parents hadn't scarred, they had. Now, five years later, she was still trying to work through it.

"Did you appropriately ogle the tits?" Her tone was bitter and resentful.

"Don't you mean inappropriately?"

Avery shrugged and took a sip of her root beer.

"I did not. I didn't want to wait in a long line to buy your game time, so I had Kevin ring it up. Then I left."

Dark brown eyes gazed deeply into his blue ones. "Thanks."

"You're the only one on my team who's any damn good."

"I rock," Avery conceded.

"You do." He paused, sipping his root beer while he tried to get his thoughts in some kind of order. "Ave, what Stan did today was thoughtless. And not just him—me and Gavin too. We take you for granted. I'm sorry about that."

Avery gaped at him. "Where'd all that come from?" She slapped him upside the head. "Are you the girl now?"

"Ow! No. I just figured—we don't always consider your feelings. I mean, you are a girl...."

"Really? Am I? The minuscule tits weren't a dead give away?" She gestured to her breasts with cupped hands, eyes wide.

"They aren't minuscule. They just look small because you wear your shirts so baggy."

"So, now I'm not fashionable? Thanks for cheering me up, Colby."

Sighing, he rolled his eyes. "I can't win. I'm trying to apologize for being a douche, and you turn it around on me."

"No, the douche would be Stan. You have nothing to apologize for."

"I might have ogled a little."

"You may ogle, but not drool. Was there moisture involved?"

"There was not. I did dry ogling only."

"Then I forgive you."

They toasted with the root beer bottles, laughing loudly. Avery offered him a game controller and they played for a couple hours. Around 5:00, they took a break and fixed dinner. It was simple, hot dogs and baked beans, but it was filling. The companionship was the important thing. Being with Avery was always a bright spot in Colby's day.

Whenever something good happened, the first person Colby called, was Avery. When her day had been hell, Avery came to Colby and together they worked through the problem, making her feel better. They had been good friends since middle school. Some older, bigger boys jumped Colby between classes. Avery came to his rescue. Half the size of the attackers, she jumped on their backs, pummeling them with her fists until they ran off. They were so ashamed of being slapped around by a tiny, little girl, they left Colby alone after that. The two became inseparable. It was Colby who helped Avery when her dad left. He was the one who convinced the social worker to make a surprise visit at the foster home, and remove her from the hell she was enduring.

"You really think my tits are okay?" Avery asked as they washed dishes.

Colby eyed her chest from a purely scientific standpoint. "I dunno, Ave. I can hardly see 'em. You cover up so much, a guy can't tell one way or the other."

Annoyed, she grabbed her sweater and pulled it off. Underneath, she wore a white tank top. It was obvious that she wasn't wearing a bra. Colby examined her breasts without touching them. They weren't as small as he'd previously thought, and perfectly formed, smooth and firm. The nipples pressed against the thin fabric of her shirt.

Colby's body reacted alarmingly to the sight of Avery's perky breasts. Suddenly embarrassed, he almost dropped the plate he was holding. A strange sound escaped him, something between a gulp and a gurgle. Avery glared at him as she struggled with her sweater.

"I had no idea I was deformed."

No comments:

Old Time Religion ~ A Love in the City Romance by Dellani Oakes – Part 51

Mrs. Bannister bustled in a couple minutes after Obi and Clive arrived. "Thank goodness you're here," she said to Clive. "...