Sunday, August 24, 2014

Why I'm Not Taking the Ice Bucket Challenge

I was challenged by my darling daughter to do the Ice Bucket Challenge or donate $100.00 to ALS. Well, I'm in a quandary. I don't particularly want to dump cold water on myself. I suffer from migraines and that's the sort of shock to the system that would bring one on. But I don't have $100.00 to donate to ALS either.

I decided that I'll donate to ALS, although in a lesser amount. Or I might donate to another charity that desperately needs money. There are so many out there that get little to no attention. Grant you, ALS was one of them until this Ice Bucket thing.

So, instead of soaking yourself in ice water, just give to ALS or some other charity in whatever amount you can. Don't spend the money on ice, don't worry about soaking yourself in cold water, just GIVE! That's the entire purpose of the challenge anyway. Just GIVE!

I gave a donation in the name of my cousin's husband who died from this disease. I urge everyone to join me in GIVING! 



TO DONATE TO ALS!


No comments:

Old Time Religion ~ A Love in the City Romance by Dellani Oakes – Part 51

Mrs. Bannister bustled in a couple minutes after Obi and Clive arrived. "Thank goodness you're here," she said to Clive. "...