Sunday, July 11, 2021

Fragrance Lingers ~ A Love in the City Romance by Dellani Oakes – Part 39

 


"Great! I'll race you! Winner gets the first back rub!" He took off before she had a chance to react and was halfway up the stairs before she took the first step.

"No fair, you cheated!"

"All's fair in love and back rubs," he chided her as he slipped off his jacket and started to unbutton his shirt. "But if it will make you happy, I'll rub your back first."

"Great!" She took her coat off and pulled her turtleneck sweater over her head.

Cole came over, rubbed his hands up and down her back as if drying them on a towel. "Okay, you got the first back rub. Now it's my turn."

"Cheap, very cheap! Okay, Mister. Pants off and lie on the bed."

He dropped his pants and she pushed him face down on the bed, straddling his muscular thighs. She started to rub his back and felt the tension under her hands. He sighed deeply as she continued her massage.

"You aren't falling asleep on me, are you?"

"No, I promise. Damn that feels good! I didn't realize how much I was feeling the last few days, until now."

As she rubbed, he told her everything that had happened to him, and how he'd managed to get there. When he was finished, she told him everything that had gone on with her.

She rubbed and kneaded awhile longer until he wiggled beneath her. She got up on her knees and he rolled over pulling her back down. She could feel him firm between her legs, the thin material of her panties and his boxers separated them. She burned inside for him.

"Mara," his throat was tight. "God, I've missed you!"

"Me too, Cole!"

"Promise me something."

"Anything!"

"We won't be apart again. Not ever."

"I want that too, Cole. More than anything. Kiss me and make the world go away."

"I can do that." He grinned, kissing her for all he was worth.

Cole tried to keep himself under control. He had missed her so much, anticipating this moment, that he wanted to take all of her in at once. That would have been selfish, so he slowed down, finding new ways to delight her. Her enthusiastic moans told him he'd been successful.

Completely satiated, they lay side by side, clinging to one another happily. Cole let his fingers trail over her body, tracing circles down her back and thighs.

"I had no idea I would ever miss anyone as much as I missed you," he told her. "Every second of my trip was worth it, just to be with you again."

"I never even dreamed I'd have someone like you," she told him shyly. "I thought my life was full with a great career and a wonderful family. I didn't think I needed or even wanted a man. It took you to prove me wrong," she smiled and kissed his forehead.

"I don't ever want us to be apart again, Mara. I want to wake up every morning with you beside me."

"Me too, Cole."

"But you're tied to the job, babe. How are we going to work around that?"

She smiled, kissing him sweetly, deeply, fully. "I've already been thinking about that," she told him. "Phoebe and I are going to start our own firm. She's been by my side all this time, I owe her that."

"Where would you set up your office?"

She snuggled closer to him, pulling him tightly against her. "I was thinking here, to be near family."

"Oh," he looked down, not meeting her eyes.

"With a branch office anywhere you'll be," she smiled.

Cole looked up at her, his eyes sparkling. "You mean that?"

"I go where you go. I wouldn't have it any other way."

They kissed a long time, savoring one another's lips.

"I'll need to contact some people I know, for financial backing. Doing this won't be cheap."

"Look no further. " He gazed confidently in her eyes. "Red and I will be your backers. In fact, I know some other people who would gladly finance your new enterprise."

"Really? Oh, Cole, I couldn't ask you for money...."

"Think of it as an investment in our new life together. You don't have to ask me for a thing. I give it to you freely."

He kissed her again, his body warming to their embrace. He made love to her again, confident now that everything was somehow going to work out right. Afterward, the scent of her perfume clung to him. Inhaling deeply, the fragrance lingered in his nostrils, as he fell into a contented sleep.


THE END

©2021 Dellani Oakes

To Buy Dellani's Books

No comments:

Old Time Religion ~ A Love in the City Romance by Dellani Oakes – Part 51

Mrs. Bannister bustled in a couple minutes after Obi and Clive arrived. "Thank goodness you're here," she said to Clive. "...