Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Introducing Crash Into Me ~ A Love in the City Romance

I started this story when I was visiting my daughter, due to a hurricane. I didn't have a computer with me, so I sat down with a spiral notebook and pen. Usually, when I start a story this way, I type it out and finish on the computer. However, this story was flowing so quickly from my pen, I decided to finish it by hand. Boy, did it take a long time to type up! The method seemed to work, because I got this wonderful, intricate story from it.

Originally, it was set in the Suffolk, Virginia area (since that's where I was when I started writing) but I changed it up to take place in my city – hence its inclusion in the Love in the City Romance Series.

I hope you enjoy Crash Into Me!

~ Dellani


Excerpt from Crash Into Me ~ A Love in the City Romance by Dellani Oakes

The black sports car zipped through traffic like a grasshopper on a hot skillet. Finding a space, it cut off a car in the middle lane, a truck on the left, and finally charged across two lanes to the right. Surprisingly, no one honked or even seemed perturbed by the behavior. Taking the change in traffic flow in stride, they kept going.

Seated behind the wheel of the black car, Anton Pepper concentrated on moving through the maze of vehicles as quickly as possible. Intent on his destination, he hardly noticed the cars he passed. To him, they were mere blips on the horizon, obstacles to get around. Reaching a less congested area, he stepped on the gas, and his Spyder leaped forward.

Schematics, blueprints, floor plans, time tables, equipment, everything was prepped and ready. Now, it was a waiting game. Timing was second only to patience. His phone rang and he answered with his hands free device.

"Yes?"

"We set?" the gruff voice demanded.

"Do I tell you how to do your job?"

"What?"

"Do I nag you?"

"What? No!"

"Then afford me the same consideration."

"I just want—"

"You hired me to do a job.

"And I paid you a shit ton of money."

"Which I'm earning. Trust me to do the job you hired me for. Don't micromanage, and no further contact."

"Ant—"

"And don't say my name!"

No comments:

Old Time Religion ~ A Love in the City Romance by Dellani Oakes – Part 51

Mrs. Bannister bustled in a couple minutes after Obi and Clive arrived. "Thank goodness you're here," she said to Clive. "...