Thursday, April 20, 2017

Sexy Without the Sex from Blacksmith's Heart by Dellani

As they danced, Jasper rubbed slowly up and down Hana's spine with his strong, calloused hands. Despite their strength, they held her with a gentleness she had never experienced. Tiny thrills followed his fingers as they traveled along her back.
With a subtle shift of his body, Jasper raised her head, exposing her throat. His lips brushed her skin, lingering on the curve of her shoulder. His hot breath tickled, his lips not quite touching her. His nose touched her earlobe, making her shiver and pull him closer. Sighing, she tilted her head slightly, giving him full access to her throat.
Agonizingly slowly, he pressed his lips against her neck, gradually rising until he graced her jaw with his lips. The dip below her left ear invited him to kiss and nibble—which he did. His teeth caught her earlobe, tugging slightly. His tongue flickered against her, followed by his teeth rasping against her throat. Hana shivered, her knees going weak.
Her mouth hungered for his. Taking his face in her hands, she turned slightly, so their noses wouldn't collide. He kissed her lingeringly, deeply, sending thrills down her spine. His lips parted and his tongue flickered against hers. She opened her mouth to his.
His kiss was deep, lingering, fulfilling. She couldn't put names to the feelings and emotions he woke in her with that kiss. She never wanted it to stop. She wanted his hands touching her everywhere, his body next to hers. She returned his kiss almost fiercely. Jasper pulled away slightly, gazing into her eyes. He looked slightly embarrassed by her ferocity. A question flickered across his face, unspoken. Instead, he led her slowly off the dance floor and out to the patio around the pool.
The door closed behind them as he led her to the far side. They took seats in the gazebo that overlooked the hot tub. Jasper bit his lower lip.
"Hana," he began, hardly knowing how to proceed. "I like you, a lot. I've heard your aunt talk about you all these years, seen your picture and watched you grow up. I feel like I've known you my whole life. I know that you don't have that same advantage. But—" He paused again, turning away from her, head bowed. "I don't want you to think that this is something I do all the time. I don't want to trash a potential relationship. So please don't take this wrong—"
"Whenever a sentence starts like that, I know something awful is going to follow. I think I know what you are going to say. You don't want me to think this is just a vacation fling. Take the new girl to the barn for a roll in the hay, fresh meat! Am I close?"
He chuckled. "You are so like your Aunt Enid, it's almost spooky. That's exactly what I was thinking. You are very special to your aunt and that makes you special to me. She doesn't love lightly, yet she loves you above everyone else in her family. That puts you in a very unique category."
"As long as it's not a category that means you'll never touch me again," she blurted. "I don't want to be the statue worshiped from afar. If you like me, then do something about it. Don't make me wait the way Marnie's waited for Jeff all these years. Just tell me."
His work hardened hands held her soft ones. "You make things complicated," he told her. "I've carried a torch for years. Now that I've met you, my heart is so incredibly full, I can't even express it. To say I love you, that's ridiculous, we just met. But when I saw you on the fence today, I felt a piece click into my heart that I didn't even know was missing. I look at you and I can't think straight. I touch you and all I want to do is keep on touching you. I. . .I can't trust myself when I'm around you, but I don't want to be away from you either. Am I making any sense?"
"No," she replied softly, "and yes." Without another word, she touched his cheek, leaning toward him.
Hana's lips brushed his. For a moment, she felt a spark between them. Like static electricity, it jumped from lip to lip. Instead of breaking their embrace, she pressed her lips more firmly against his, holding him in an unyielding embrace. Her kiss was long, forceful and penetrating, and she held him to her for at least two minutes before she released him. His eyes opened slowly. His gaze met hers, questioning.
"If that didn't answer your questions and set your mind at ease, then I don't know what to do or say."
Jasper didn't reply in words. He took her in his arms and kissed her. Hana lost track of time, she didn't care how late it was, all she wanted to do was stay in Jasper's arms and kiss him.
© 2017 Dellani Oakes


No comments:

Old Time Religion ~ A Love in the City Romance by Dellani Oakes – Part 51

Mrs. Bannister bustled in a couple minutes after Obi and Clive arrived. "Thank goodness you're here," she said to Clive. "...