Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Sexy Without the Sex - The Experiment by Dellani Oakes

From The Experiment (Not yet published) Maggie Simmons is failing her freshman level psychology class (she put it off until her senior year). If she fails, she'll have to be in school and extra semester. So when her professor tells her she can earn a perfect score simply for participating in an experiment, she jumps at the chance. Little does she know that for this experiment, she'll be married for six weeks to a total stranger. When she meets Jaeger Jeffreys, the idea of being his wife isn't so bad. However, there are bound to be misunderstandings that arise from not knowing one another very well before having to share an apartment.

"Maggie, if I want sex, there are much easier ways to get it. I can call up an ex-girlfriend for a late night bootie call."
"And they'll come running, just like that?" She couldn't keep the incredulity from her tone.
"Yeah. Some women think I'm pretty hot. And, not to brag—no, exactly to brag. I'm pretty damn good in bed and those women got their multiple orgasms. You may not think I'm desirable. . . ."
"I didn't say that!" She shoved him away. "I don't know what I want—what to think. I should never have signed on for this, but I needed the points so I don't flunk some pissant freshman psych class! But I never expected anyone like you."
"What's wrong with me?"
Maggie burst into tears. "Nothing. Absolutely nothing. You're sweet and considerate and smart and funny and—god, you're gorgeous and sexy and I'm just plain old me. You could have any woman you want and I've got no one else. Except Conalingus Guy—and we both know how successful that was."
Angry and miserable, Maggie ran from him. She shouldn't blame him for things beyond his control. He couldn't help it if she was already half in love with him. He was handsome and intelligent, easy going and fun to talk to. In short, he was everything she'd ever wanted in a man. It wasn't his fault that she was a 21 year old virgin with a history of failed relationships. None of the blame could be laid at Jaeger's feet, it was all hers.
Jaeger ran up next to her. He took her arm, but she shook it off. He tried again. Maggie stopped running, turning on him, furious.
"Come on, Maggie. Wait. Would you listen for a second instead of taking everything I say totally wrong?"
She stood with her arms crossed, glaring at him. Jaeger unfolded her arms and pulled her to him, putting her arms around his waist as he held her tight.
Maggie pressed her cheek against his chest. She could hear his heart hammering, his lungs expanding rapidly after their run.
"You want to know what I saw the moment I looked at you? Pearl pointed you out and I saw this gorgeous, voluptuous woman with spun gold for hair and the most incredible blue eyes I'd ever seen. You hooked me and reeled me in by looks alone. But I've been burned by beauty before, so I started asking myself what could possibly be wrong with you. Maybe you were a selfish bitch, or stupid or inconsiderate. I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop. But there was nothing wrong with you."
He held her by the elbows, staring into her eyes. "Maggie, you're beautiful and smart and funny, caring and talented. Somewhere along the line, you got this idea that you're worthless. I don't know when or how it happened, but if I do nothing else in my life, I'll show you just how amazing you are!"
Not believing what he said, Maggie pulled away, ready to lash out. Jaeger took her face in his hands. Before she could protest, he captured her mouth with his. She gasped and he took advantage of her open mouth to deepen his kiss. Jaeger caressed her lips with his. His tongue dove into her mouth as his fingers smoothed her cheeks. His lean, muscular body pressed against hers and she could feel his desire. His hands moved over her body, pulling her even closer, as he devoured her mouth. Stopping himself suddenly, he sighed contentedly.
"I've wanted to do that since the minute I saw you. I almost got to after dinner."
"Except for Willow Mae." She snickered.
"And after I proposed."
"Except for Willow Mae." She kissed his chin.

He chuckled. "Yeah. If I ever need an effective cock block, I'll be sure to let her know."

© Dellani Oakes
To Purchase Dellani's Books:

No comments:

Old Time Religion ~ A Love in the City Romance by Dellani Oakes – Part 51

Mrs. Bannister bustled in a couple minutes after Obi and Clive arrived. "Thank goodness you're here," she said to Clive. "...