Thursday, September 07, 2017

Teague McMurtry gave six years of his life to the Army. Now, he's trying to settle down and get his college degree. He's got his own yard business and is working hard at building his life.
Things are going great until he runs awry of the wrong biker gang. Little does he know that his chance meeting with Vivica Rambo initiates a series of events that could prove deadly for them both.



Excerpt from The Ninja Tattoo
"Wild Gardens. Teague speaking. How may I help you?"
"So, it is you," said the cheerful female voice on the other end. "It's not every day a man buys a girl a cup of coffee and runs off without a word. I had to beg Jenny to tell me your name, but she wouldn't give me your number."
"It's right on the side of the truck," he said with a laugh in his voice.
"So I noticed as you drove slowly by. You did that on purpose, you sly devil. Peak a girl's interest and satisfy her curiosity at the same time."
"Damn, I'm good. I didn't know I was that slick."
"Sneaky, you mean. So, hit any other women with doors in the past few hours?"
"No, but I've been kissed by a beautiful, older woman."
"Ooh, I'm jealous! Tell me who she is, I'll pay her a visit."
Teague laughed, picturing this nameless, exotic beauty coming up against Daisy.
"You might give the old girl heart failure," he said. "Daisy's spry, but I think you'd scare her half to death. Why don't you just let me buy you dinner to make up for my infidelity?"
There was a short pause. She sounded somewhat surprised when she answered, though whether with him or herself, he couldn't tell. "You know, I'd really like that, Teague."
"Great! Are you free tonight?"
"You're sure not shy. Do you always ask mysterious women out right after you meet them?"
"Only the ones I hit with the door. The others have to wait the standard three days before I ask them out."
"Am I setting myself up to get played?" She sounded concerned.
Wanting to immediately kill that thought, Teague turned serious before replying. "I promise, I'm not like that," he said solemnly. "I don't even know your name."
Did he hear a sniffle? Had he made the woman cry? Cursing himself silently, he waited. She cleared her throat before replying.
"Vivica."
"That's a beautiful name."
"Thank you. So, is Teague your first name?"
"Yeah. My mom's maiden name. Originally McTeague. Dad talked her out of that, thank God."
She giggled, then laughed louder. "Fine Irish name it is," she said with a fairly decent brogue.
"Aye, so it is, lassie. So, about dinner?"
"Talk about persistent! Okay, what about dinner?"
© 2017 Dellani Oakes

No comments:

Old Time Religion ~ A Love in the City Romance by Dellani Oakes – Part 51

Mrs. Bannister bustled in a couple minutes after Obi and Clive arrived. "Thank goodness you're here," she said to Clive. "...