Tuesday, November 14, 2017

I Love Dialogue from So Much It Hurts by Dellani



Flynn has finally landed his first really big body painting job. Crossfire, a national sporting goods company, has hired him to launch their newest clothing and equipment line. On location in a state park, he's staying at the park lodge with the models and crew.

Someone tapping on his door woke him. It was Ned.
I forgot to set the alarm. I'm sorry.”
No problem. They execs are up yet, either. You've got about half an hour. Anything I can do to help out?”
I need time with the models today. I have to look them over and check musculature. Can you make that happen?”
I can. I'll get back to you. Grab a shower if you need it, and come downstairs. They're setting out the food now. I've died and gone to heaven.”
Thanks, Ned.”
No problem, Boss.” He waved and left.
Breakfast was a feast of fresh fruits, homemade muffins and biscuits as well as bacon, sausage and strips of grilled, marinated venison. Feeling adventurous, he tried that. It tasted so good, he had more. The cooks has already discussed allergies and dislikes with them the day before, so he knew that it didn't contain anything he couldn't eat.
That is too good,” he confided to Ned.
I hate six pieces. I might roll outta here Monday.”
They're going to need a dolly to move me. Damn!”
Model face time is set for right after dinner. They're fussing, but when I explained that they aren't the most important factor in this shoot, they shut up.”
Jeez, I wouldn't have the nerve.”
After the way those snooty divas have treated me? I'm no longer a no-title flunky. I'm Mr. Chancellor's assistant. Gives me a certain cred.”
You're a bad ass, Ned. I've always said that.”
They tapped knuckles.
Bad news, though. Monique is here.”
I could have done without that. I wasn't expecting her.”
We weren't either. She was a last minute substitution. Eva got sick, I think she's pregnant. That girl, no scruples. Including you?”
She did not deign to invite me to partake. But considering what Kent got from her, I dodged a bullet.”
Which is why I don't date models.”
On this we agree.”
Ned and another flunky drove the Jeeps for the executives and Flynn to ride around in. The location guy had chosen several spots, but Flynn vetoed them all. There were various reasons, but nothing felt right.
© 2017 Dellani Oakes





No comments:

Old Time Religion ~ A Love in the City Romance by Dellani Oakes – Part 51

Mrs. Bannister bustled in a couple minutes after Obi and Clive arrived. "Thank goodness you're here," she said to Clive. "...