Tuesday, April 17, 2018

I Love Dialogue from Bad Day by Dellani


The band was taking a break and the singer came to sit with us at our table. He turned a chair around, straddling it.
"Hiya, Hal," he did some complicated handshake with him. "Who's the new lady?"
"My date for this evening, Reva Kelly."
"But you're not like engaged or anything?"
"No," Hal answered cautiously.
"Hi, Reva," the young man turned on the charm. "I'm Cullen Fellowes, front man for Sardonic." He held out his hand to me.
I took his hand somewhat timidly, unsure what to expect. If he was anything like his brother, he was a pro at doing something unanticipated. He held my hand like it was breakable, kissing my fingers gallantly. Inhaling deeply, he reluctantly gave me back my hand.
"God, Hal, she smells fantastic! Don't you just want to lick her all over?"
Hal dropped his head to the table. "I knew I shouldn't have brought you here for our first date," he groaned. "I'm sorry, Reva. Cullen has no manners."
"I do too," Cullen puffed out his chest proudly. "I have lots of manners, most of them bad. But you do smell really good. What's that cologne?"
I told him the name of my cologne and he practically drooled.
"I'm going to buy that for my girlfriend. That's great!"
"You don't have a girlfriend, Cullen," Hal teased. "You have groupies."
"Well, I'll buy a girlfriend and then buy her some of that cologne. Don't split hairs, Hal. I'm falling in love with your girlfriend. Can I steal her from you?"
"I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't, Cullen. I really like her and I don't want to sacrifice her to the Roman God of Music."
"She's not your type, baby bro," Morgan interjected smoothly. "She has brains as well as a vagina."
"Subtle, dear," Tanya patted Morgan on the hand.
"Go sing," Hal ordered. "Just go sing."
"You have a great voice," I deftly leaped back into the conversation before he got away.
"You want my autograph? Or maybe you'd like to have my baby?"
"I only want to know if you sing for weddings."
He thought a moment, considering carefully. "Not usually, but for you I might."
Cullen dashed back to the stage as the band began to play. Sliding to the microphone, he grabbed it smoothly, not missing a beat.
"That kid," Morgan shook his head sadly. "I despair, truly I do."
"I think he's great," I assured him. "A little intense, but refreshing."
"Sort of like a monsoon," Hal added with a crooked grin. "Cullen is an acquired taste."
"I don't care how he acts as long as he sings like that," I said to Tanya. "And could he be any more adorable?"
Morgan and Hal drew themselves up, looking somewhat offended.
"We're pretty damn adorable too," Hal said in a hurt tone.
I looked at him carefully. He really was gorgeous. I had to admit that he was one of the most handsome men I had ever met. Morgan was handsome, too, and equally as charming. Tanya was a very lucky woman.
"Not adorable," Tanya said. "Adorable is for teddy bears and kids under twenty-five. You two are handsome, intelligent and ever so sexy."
© 2018 Dellani Oakes

No comments:

Old Time Religion ~ A Love in the City Romance by Dellani Oakes – Part 51

Mrs. Bannister bustled in a couple minutes after Obi and Clive arrived. "Thank goodness you're here," she said to Clive. "...