Tuesday, April 24, 2018

I Love Dialogue from Beach Babe by Dellani


I promised to take you out drinking and dancing,” Dechlan said. “It's Friday, we can cut loose.”
I don't want to go out-out,” I said, confusing them all. “Downstairs to the lounge, so no one has to drive. We all going?”
Dechlan looked at the other men, nodding somewhat resignedly. “Yeah. Is that okay?”
Yeah.” I smiled at him. “But don't think we're pulling a Lexi,” I said with a grin. “Just because I'm drinking doesn't mean I'm doing anything else.”
Got it. Loud and clear,” Hugo said. “No dicks allowed, you two.”
What about you?” Cole snapped.
My dick has not been involved in this bizarre quadrangle yet. Though he awaits his turn anxiously.”
Third person on the dick?” I raised a questioning eyebrow. “Men really do that?”
To make a point,” Hugo said. “In this equation, my dick is a free radical.”
I started laughing. “I don't think that means what you think it means. Free radicals aren't mathematical.”
So now you're a math genius? Contradicting the Asian dude? Everyone knows that Asians are superior in every way. Bigger intellects, bigger swords... ”
Smaller dicks,” Cole said with finality.
Just because you're Black doesn't mean you have me beat in that department,” Hugo sounded offended. “Black men don't hold a monopoly on penis size. They just want everyone to think that. They perpetuate the myth to make the rest of us feel inferior.”
Cole held up his hand, grabbing Hugo's wrist. He splayed their hands out palm to palm. His fingers were nearly an inch longer than Hugo's. Riveting the shorter Asian man with his bottomless black eyes, he tipped his head toward their hands.
You know how they say things are proportional?”
Hugo's eyes grew large.
You do the math. Genius.”
We pulled up at the condo and Cole hopped out of the car, heading up to his room without the rest of us. We thanked the driver and slipped him a tip.
I love driving you guys around,” he said as Dechlan handed him the money. “You have the most interesting conversations of any of my clients. See you Monday!” He tipped his hat and left.
© 2018 Dellani Oakes

No comments:

Old Time Religion ~ A Love in the City Romance by Dellani Oakes – Part 51

Mrs. Bannister bustled in a couple minutes after Obi and Clive arrived. "Thank goodness you're here," she said to Clive. "...