Sunday, May 31, 2020

A Story Full of Hearts ~ Your Heart to Keep by Amanda Mackey




We don’t choose fate. It chooses us. Or so we are led to believe. Holly Jenkins is about to receive a new heart, thanks to a donor match from accident victim, Chloe McQuade. The victim’s boyfriend, bad boy Jax, is angry and grieving for his lost love. He hates everything and everyone, including Holly. It isn’t until he meets her that he realizes there is something about her he can’t explain. Could it be the beating heart of his dead girlfriend- the very one he owned, that calls to him? Is the intense pull towards Jax coming from Holly’s own emotions or are they Chloe’s? And why is she suddenly craving things she never has before? How do they decide what’s real and what’s not? Is fate at play or is it something more?






I think I left my heart inside this book after I read Jax & Holly + Chloe's story. From the first page, no, from the prologue up to the last page, I've got goosebumps, tears and livid fantasies that only Jaxon can relieve. Ha! But seriously, this story is full of heart, literally and figuratively. Why, my heart even screeched to a halt!

Jaxon might as well be my flavor of the month, my book boyfriend of the week, my boy toy for the day. He's such a sweet and loving soul. I was crushed when he almost went crazy after Chloe's death. I got angry with him when he got mad at Holly, I fell in love with him all over again when he and Holly started weaving memories together. I think I'll have him keep my heart, too.
Holly was also a revelation. While I was really clueless about the nature of her heart condition, this book opened my eyes about the people who suffer with Marfan's Syndrome. When she got her transplant, I thought I also had this sudden change of heart. Suddenly everything about her looked vibrant and at peace. She's a good sport, took each day at a time, grateful for the second chance at life, even though Jax was quite a jerk to her at first.
I love, love, love this book. Amanda Mackey had poured out her heart in this story. (See, I told you this book has a lot of heart!) She unknowingly found a spot in my favorite author list. Can't wait to read the other heartfelt and sensual stories she had penned!
5 Star Review by Claire Santos – Coffeeholic Bookworm


No comments:

Old Time Religion ~ A Love in the City Romance by Dellani Oakes – Part 51

Mrs. Bannister bustled in a couple minutes after Obi and Clive arrived. "Thank goodness you're here," she said to Clive. "...