Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Fly by Night ~ A Love Under the Sun Romance by Dellani Oakes – Part 36


"Does he know there was no Bobby?"

"You mean, does he know that I was Lori's first? Jesus, I hope not. He'd kill me."

"Why does he hate you so much?"

"No idea. We never got along well. It's like we're complete opposites. He's into football, drinking beer, and hunting. He still likes to go muddin' with his truck on the weekends. I'm more of a rugby, hard ale kind of guy. I don't particularly like shooting guns at innocent animals. I prefer my car to be clean, and well maintained. He thinks I'm a fag."

"Because you have manners?" Blythe rolled her eyes.

"He's trying to be accepting, now. At least her mom likes me. She always has."

"That's good. If one parent likes you, you're a step ahead. I never thought Alec's mom liked me much."

"She liked you just fine," his tone wasn't convincing.

Blythe shot him a skeptical look. "Don't lie to me. I imagine she hates me about as much as Lori's dad hates you. But his dad likes me."

"That's good."

"His mom always resented that I got his pension. I guess she thought they should have gotten it. I know they lost their son, but I lost my husband. I have nothing but a box of memories to show for it. I really wanted his baby, Jason. So much."

"I know, sis. For the last six months, that was all he could talk about, coming home and starting a family. He would have made a great dad." He paused, his mouth working as he tried not to cry. "I think...I think Elam will make a good dad. You're really lucky to have him."

"Thank you. I think so, too."

Keys rattled in the door. Jason stood as Lori and Elam walked in.

"Hey, baby!" He gave Lori a kiss.

Elam laid his things on the love seat and joined Blythe on the couch. His kiss was light and platonic in front of Jason.

"You okay?"

"Yeah. Little nervous about going to sleep."

"That's why I'm here. I'll keep the scary monsters away." He kissed her forehead. "Somehow, we'll get through this."

"Thanks."

Their kiss was much less platonic that time. Jason cleared his throat.

"I think we're gonna go now. Early day tomorrow. I need to get to bed."

"It's not even eight o'clock," Blythe protested.

"Well, you know me, I like a good ten hours.... Babe?"

He and Lori made their excuses and left. Elam watched them go, chuckling.

"Your brother thinks we're going to be bad."

Blythe raised an eyebrow. "Is he right?"

"Totally depends on you. I'm always up for being naughty." Elam leaned back, arms spread across the back of the couch.

"I bet you are." Blythe gave him a long, slow once over, teasing him with her eyes. She imagined him naked and aroused. Just the thought of it nearly did her in.

Elam moved closer, putting his arms around her, kissing her tenderly. Soon, the kiss grew into much more. There were hands involved, and even a couple of feet at some point. His fingers crept under her top, rubbing her breasts through the silky fabric of her bra.

Blythe shivered, loving the feel of his hands on her body. The idea of making love to him excited her more than it ever had with Alec. Not that they didn't have a good sex life, they did. But sometimes, she found herself going through the motions, because she knew he wanted her. There was no doubt in her mind that Elam wanted her, and she wanted him, too. He undid the front closure on her bra, releasing her breasts. She slipped it off as he raised her shirt over her head. It was gone in one swift movement. His followed, flying across the room and tangling in the light fixture over the table.

Laughing, Elam hopped up and pulled it down. Blythe kicked off her shoes while she waited. He did the same before sitting on the couch once more. Blythe pulled him on top of her, their bare chests pressed tightly against each other. Soon, Elam's mouth found one breast, then the other. He licked and suckled lavishly, enjoying the soft, roundness of her. It amused Blythe that he found such pleasure in little things. The flick of his tongue, the sigh she made in response, excited him.

They lay on the couch a long time, kissing and fondling. There was no rush to get to the main event. It was fun exploring like a couple of teenagers, having sex for the first time. Blythe felt very much like this was her virgin experience, all over again. Alec was the only man she'd ever been with. Would she know how to please Elam? After ten years together, she and Alec had no secrets from one another. She knew exactly what he liked and expected.

Elam sensed the change in her. "What's wrong?"

"How do I know if I'm doing this right," she said, panic in her voice.

"You have had sex before?"

"Yes, lots of times."

"Did it feel good? Did you get your Oh, God moment?"

"Yes, but—"

©2022 Dellani Oakes

To Buy Dellani's Books

For More About Dellani

No comments:

Old Time Religion ~ A Love in the City Romance by Dellani Oakes – Part 51

Mrs. Bannister bustled in a couple minutes after Obi and Clive arrived. "Thank goodness you're here," she said to Clive. "...