Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The Next Big Thing


I was invited by Kathy Ree to participate in what can best be described as a chain-letter blog hop. Here’s how it works: someone gave me 10 interview questions, which I’m going to answer below. Then I passed on the questions to 5 other authors who will post their answers on their own blogs next week, and they pass on the questions to 5 more authors and so on.

I was invited by Kathy Ree. Here’s a link to her blog: http://kathyree.wordpress.com/2013/03/04/next-big-thing-blog-hop/

Where did the idea come from for the book?

I was driving down Riverside Drive in New Smyrna and had a very disturbing experience with three bikers. It was so disturbing, it stuck with me. I used it as the basis for my NaNoWriMo novel three years ago.

What genre does your book fall under?

The Ninja Tattoo is a romantic suspense novel.

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?

I'm glad you asked that question. I like to choose actors & actresses when I build my characters. It helps me with facial expressions, voices, movement, etc. For Teague McMurtry, I chose Eric Winter. For Vivica Rambo, I chose Sarah Shahi.

What is a one-sentence synopsis of your book?

Teague McMurtry thinks life will be quiet when he returns from the Army, but he's wrong.

Is your book self-published, published by an indie publisher, or represented by an agency?

The Ninja Tattoo is published through Tirgearr Publishing, an amazing Irish e-book publisher.

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?

The Ninja Tattoo took me less than a month to complete. I wrote it during NaNoWriMo.

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?

I don't know of any like it. The Ninja Tattoo is unique.

Who or what inspired you to write this book?

A group of bikers behaving strangely. The incident is fully described in the first pages of The Ninja Tattoo.

What else about this book might pique the reader’s interest?

It has some sultry, sexy love scenes as well as some great action scenes. I've been told by several readers that they love Teague. I wish he was real ladies, but I think we'd have a fight on our hands.

To purchase The Ninja Tattoo, visit my publisher's site.

Be looking for my friends next week:
Jonz Victor Stoneroad: http://jonzvstoneroad.blogspot.com/
William Beck: http://www.booksbybeck.com/

No comments:

Old Time Religion ~ A Love in the City Romance by Dellani Oakes – Part 51

Mrs. Bannister bustled in a couple minutes after Obi and Clive arrived. "Thank goodness you're here," she said to Clive. "...