Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Curl Up with a Good Book ~ Indian Summer by Dellani Oakes

Indian Summer promo with tent

It's the spring of 1739 in sultry St. Augustine, Florida and something's amiss. It seems a British spy has wormed his way into their lives and he's bent upon leading the British Army in an attack against the fort and town. It's up to Gabriella Deza and her fiancé, Manuel Enriques, to stop the spy from being successful.



Indian Summer color cover

Character Quote from Indian Summer by Dellani Oakes

As I turned to see who it was had saved Marcos' life, I looked into the dark, smoldering eyes of Manuel!
"You?" I gasped. "Thanks is not enough! Oh, bless you!"
I fell on his chest weeping with joy. He hadn't the strength to speak but touched my shoulder before he lost consciousness. Marcos groaned, then he too passed into oblivion.
"We need stretchers from the hospital." James said to the men standing by. "We'll take them there."
The crowd broke up around us, tending to the injured ship. Men were already climbing the sides to see what state the passengers and crew were in. James smiled gently as he looked at Marcos.
"A brave little boy he is, though foolhardy to come out in this weather. He'll be a strong and brave man."
"Yes, he will be. He's already a little man. I think today he proved it. He came to help his mamá who is on the ship." I settled back on my heels, sighing deeply. Only then did I think about the ship. "Papa!" I started toward the ship.
© 2017 Dellani Oakes

No comments:

Old Time Religion ~ A Love in the City Romance by Dellani Oakes – Part 51

Mrs. Bannister bustled in a couple minutes after Obi and Clive arrived. "Thank goodness you're here," she said to Clive. "...