Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Game Junkies ~ A Love in the City Romance by Dellani Oakes ~ Part 12


"You could say you think it's drugs."

"They can't do anything about what I suspect."

"Meanwhile, you could have a drug dealer next door."

"Yeah, well—"

She sighed, crossing her arms over her chest. Colby noticed she was dressed differently. She had a top on that actually showed her figure. Her hair was styled and she had on makeup that didn't look like a sad clown.

"You look pretty," he said, smiling. "Betcha thought I wouldn't notice."

"I knew you would eventually. I was timing you to see how long it took. Because you had a freakish experience, you're off the hook."

Colby put the grocery bags down. Taking her in his arms, he pulled her close. "If I hadn't had the freakish experience to distract me, I would have noticed right away." He dropped his chin, kissing her lightly on the lips.

Avery sighed happily, her hands running up his back, and opened her mouth a little. Colby took advantage of the invitation, deepening their kiss. He was careful not to be too passionate, but it was difficult to rein in his feelings, now that he was able to express them. The last thing he wanted to do was scare her off.

Breaking away suddenly, Avery pushed him away. "The ice cream!"

Colby chuckled, reaching into the bag. It was wrapped in a paper bag and double bagged in plastic. He put the paper wrapped box into the freezer. Avery unpacked the other groceries.

"Thanks. I hate going out at night."

"No problem, babe. I don't mind."

"There you go with babe again."

"Does it bother you?" He frowned and took her hand. "If so, I'll try and stop—"

"No. It doesn't. It's just going to take some getting used to. In a good way." She tugged his hand, leading him to the couch.

They cuddled up together. Suddenly a little nervous, Colby scooted away from her. Avery yanked his shirt front, pulling him close again.

"Brutal Honesty," she said, making their special promise sign.

It was something they'd decided on years ago. They always tried to tell one another the truth. Sometimes, the truth hurt, hence the Brutal Honesty warning. Colby steeled himself for a diatribe. Avery held his shirt in both hands, head down, shoulders hunched.

"We've always been honest, Ave. You can say anything, you know that."

"That was before you were my boyfriend," she murmured.

"Anything."

"I'm scared," she whispered. "I'm absolutely terrified. I'm a mess, Colby...."

"What did that monster do to you, Avery?" Layered with concern, his voice was a husky gasp.

"Nothing. I swear. But he tried. I fought like hell, and his wife watched! She wanted him to—hurt me. I remembered everything you taught me and I nailed him in the balls. Wham! He rolled on the floor in pain and she came after me with the broom. I thought she was going to kill me."

"I didn't know, Ave. You never told me."

"That's when the social worker showed up. I thought I was done for."

"You never told me any of this before. Why?"

"Because I knew you'd kill them. I couldn't make a murderer of you, and I couldn't be responsible for sending you to prison. It would have been my fault. I'm sorry."

Colby took her chin raising her head. Blue eyes met dark brown ones and he smiled. "You did the right thing. I would have killed them both, or tried. You know I'm not like that, right? I'm not going to hurt you. And I won't force you."

"I know. I'm sorry. I hate making you wait."

"Don't make me wait too long, okay? You're beautiful and you have amazingly perky breasts," he teased.

Avery smacked him playfully. "Enough girly talk!"

"What's girly? I said you have great breasts." He reached for her, wiggling his fingers near, but not quite touching her chest. "I wanna do rude things to them," he continued, not caring if she got offended.

He was being complimentary. She could deal with the crassness for a couple minutes. She had to know how desirable she was.

"I want to touch them and lick them," he continued, fingers tantalizingly close, but not quite there. "I want to bury my face between them, and only come up when I need a breath of air."

"They're just boobs, Colby," she said softly.

"No," he whispered, gazing in her eyes as his fingers drifted closer. He could feel the heat from her body. One breath more—

She inhaled deeply and her nipple danced against his index finger and thumb. They both gasped, feeling a jolt go through them.

"They aren't just boobs," he finally managed to say. "They are perfect hemispheres of bliss." His hand closed gently over her left breast, rubbing ever so tenderly across the erect nipple.

©2021 Dellani Oakes

No comments:

Old Time Religion ~ A Love in the City Romance by Dellani Oakes – Part 51

Mrs. Bannister bustled in a couple minutes after Obi and Clive arrived. "Thank goodness you're here," she said to Clive. "...