Monday, February 02, 2009

Bridging a Gap

I subbed today for a music teacher. It was a unique experience - Oh My! She didn't leave me plans for the pre-k, counting on the fact the teacher's assistant would be there. Well... she was out too. I read them "Green Eggs and Ham" followed by "Mr. Brown Can Moo, Can You?" There were only two little girls, but both autistic. I didn't think I'd get any response at all, but both seemed to enjoy the stories and one of them even tried to make the sounds in "Mr. Brown Can Moo, Can You?" It was precious! It just goes to show that Dr. Seuss can bridge any gap, no matter how large.

No comments:

Old Time Religion ~ A Love in the City Romance by Dellani Oakes – Part 51

Mrs. Bannister bustled in a couple minutes after Obi and Clive arrived. "Thank goodness you're here," she said to Clive. "...