Monday, June 22, 2009

Dellani's Quote for the Week

This is something I started on Facebook a couple of months ago. I was doing them daily, but that gets to be outrageously difficult. This is from a work in progress that hasn't got a title yet. It's currently named "Chase" after the main character.

Tracey was very subdued the rest of the drive. Standing in front of my house, she collapsed in my arms.

"Why does Ted keep doing things to me? Why can't he leave me alone?" She wailed.

"Because assholes like Ted want to win at any cost. The more vulnerable their target, the better they like it. Comes from having low self-esteem and a tiny winky," I said that with the straightest face I could.

Tracey stopped crying, staring at me incredulously. "You're not serious?"

"Compensating." I held my fingers about three inches apart.

She giggled, tossing her long, red hair over her shoulder. "And you wouldn't know anything about compensating?" She patted my car's sleek fender.

"Me? Nope. That's advertising."

I leaned back, stretching so she got a good, long look at my pants. I ran my hand up under my shirt so the washboard abs showed. Tracey laughed, kissing my cheek.

"How can you do that?"

"Do what?" I opened the door to the house.

"Make me quit focusing on how miserable I am."

"Completely selfish, I assure you." I pulled her to me as if we were dancing. "When you're focused on your problems, you can't focus on me."

No comments:

Old Time Religion ~ A Love in the City Romance by Dellani Oakes – Part 51

Mrs. Bannister bustled in a couple minutes after Obi and Clive arrived. "Thank goodness you're here," she said to Clive. "...