Thursday, February 09, 2012

Coming Up on Dellani's Tea Time!

Monday, February 13th at 4:00 PM Eastern (3:00 Central, 2:00 Mountain, 1:00 Pacific) my guest will be
author Jon Magee, Paradise Island, Heavenly Journey and From Barren Rocks to Living Stones.
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/rrradio/2012/02/13/rfk--dellanis-tea-time 


Jon Magee - My youth has been very nomadic, having been in 14 schools by the time I had completed my secondary education, and by the time I reached the age of 30 was never anywhere more than 3 yrs max from birth. Reflecting back, I notice that I was at:

* Singapore in the 1950's during the Chinese riots
*Germany 1960 - 62 at the height of the cold war
*Aden (Yemen) 1966/67 during the conflict and terrorist activity at the time, and the British evacuation in 1967
* As a young adult in the early 70's, I arrived in Malta as their Prime Minister decided he did not like us British
* 1973 -75 was in Cyprus, where they had a military coup and Turish invasions in 1974.

It seems that wherever there was trouble there was one common factor ............... ME!! However, it has resulted in having plenty of material as a writer, writing about situations as they really are on the spot.

I am currently a Baptist Minister in Scotland, am married to Joan, and have 3 daughters, 2 sons, and 5 grandchildren

I have 2 published books. "Paradise Island, Heavenly Journey" tells of life in Singapore in the 1950's, but also includes the stories of local people who lived through the horrors of the occupation by the Japanese. Very topical this week, the 70th anniversary of the fall of Singapore.

"From Barren Rocks to Living Stones" tells of a Bitish teenager trying to work through the issues of living at the heart of the terrorism in the middle East of the 60's, and the British evacuation. A true story, I was that teenager.

1 comment:

foodygoddess said...

Both authors sound so fascinating. If I wasn't in Buenos Aires now I'd tune in!
Susanne Wilder
www.fstnfrsh.com

Old Time Religion ~ A Love in the City Romance by Dellani Oakes – Part 51

Mrs. Bannister bustled in a couple minutes after Obi and Clive arrived. "Thank goodness you're here," she said to Clive. "...