Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Hag, a Young Adult Novel by Rachel Reuben



Next on the Fantastic Blog Hop, we stop once more in Cleveland, Ohio. Today, we're chatting with Desmond, one of the main characters in Hag. He's chatting with Jamie Livingston. Let's see what he has to say.

Hi everybody it’s Jamie Livingston and today, I’m here with a very controversial figure, Desmond. Do not adjust your headsets, you heard me right, the ex from hell, is here to answer questions about his role in Rachel Rueben’s novel, “Hag” and I can’t wait to get started…


I’m gonna get to the point, why on earth did you date Audrey? I mean what was the point?
Desmond: “I don’t know, you just can’t be real in a town like Cleveland. It’s not the most sophisticated place in the world. You saw what they did to Roddai. There was no way I was going to be the ‘here and queer poster child!’”

So you’re insecure about your sexuality?
Desmond: “I ain’t insecure about a damn thing! It’s called smarts, if you wanna survive, you play by the rules. I don’t hate the players, just the game!”

What does that mean?
Desmond: “I didn’t get to make up the rules, I didn’t choose to be born in a homophob town, and I didn’t choose to fall in love with my best friend.”

Which one Roddai, or Audrey?
Desmond: “Both”

So you’re bisexual?
Desmond: “Don’t know. Jeez lady I’m only 17. Who knows, I might decide to marry a chick and have kids. You know, live the American dream, out in the burbs and all.

How did those boys find out?
Desmond: “My guess is Roddai, I’d been frontin’ for years. I was an expert at it. Roddai, not so much. He just couldn’t hide it.”

Do you regret how your life ended?
Desmond: “Man I ain’t got time for regrets, okay, maybe one… I should’ve had more backup at that damn fight!”

Hag is available at Amazon, Barnes & Noble and Kobo both in print and ebook form. The first three chapters are free to check out in Goodreads, Wattpad and Amazon.

You can also sign up for Rachel Rueben’s newsletter to get updates and discounts on her next novel “Eternal Bond” a vampire novel series that will knock your socks off.   

No comments:

Old Time Religion ~ A Love in the City Romance by Dellani Oakes – Part 51

Mrs. Bannister bustled in a couple minutes after Obi and Clive arrived. "Thank goodness you're here," she said to Clive. "...