Tuesday, May 21, 2013

The Return of Catesby by Bob O'Connor - Excerpt



Today we have an excerpt from The Return of Catesby, by Bob O'Connor, currently on tour with Walker Author Tours. Enjoy, and pick up your copy of the book at http://www.buybooksontheweb.com/product.aspx?ISBN=0-7414-8206-1.

August 27, 1865
Today Marcia wanted to hear what happened in Washington City. She had known when I came in the house that I was disappointed. I am sure it showed on me because I was very disappointed.
I told her that I wanted to get to tell my story, but that Major General Lew Wallace had other ideas. “The government needed someone to convict. They chose Captain Wirz. He was no knight in shining armor, but my friend Allen said Captain Wirz repeatedly asked the Confederate government officials in Richmond to help him get more food and medicine. But they ignored him.”
“Catesby. I am proud that you were asked to go. It is out of your hands now. You did your best. You always do your best. That’s why I love you!”
Marcia, as usual, was right. There was nothing more I could do. I wished Captain Wirz the best, but knew in my heart that he was in big trouble.

No comments:

Old Time Religion ~ A Love in the City Romance by Dellani Oakes – Part 51

Mrs. Bannister bustled in a couple minutes after Obi and Clive arrived. "Thank goodness you're here," she said to Clive. "...