Tuesday, May 17, 2016

I Love Dialogue from Paper Hearts

Monica Divine (pronounced di-VEEN) has been friends with Billy Stanton since they were children. Though she doesn't know it, he's been in love with her longer than he can remember. He's hoping that somehow, in the very near future, she will realize that she loves him, too.

"You look beautiful this morning." Billy smiled down at her.
Monica had her hair caught back in clips, giving her a little girl look. Her blouse was cream colored with rust, blue and red flowers scattered across it. The sleeves were long, the cuffs full and ruffled. Her low riding jeans fit her hips snugly, showing just enough skin between them and her blouse to make his pulse race.
"Thanks."
"What, no compliment?" He was teasing, he knew he looked rough.
"You always look dead sexy, Bill. Even with a two day growth of beard, you look great."
"Thanks, Red. I think that's the nicest compliment you ever gave me."
"Do you seriously not know how handsome you are?"
He gave her a puzzled look. "Me? I'm just—me."
Laughing, Monica led him out of the house. "You're so modest, it's laughable. All my female friends think you're droolicious."
"That sounds like some kind of disease." He pulled out of her driveway, heading to his house.
"Moron. It's a high compliment. In fact, you're a nine on the drool scale."
"Why not a ten?"
"None of them have tasted you."
"Um.... Does that mean what I think it means?"
"Had sex with ya, yeah."
"So, just curious, how many of them have to before I get my ten?"
She giggled, tossing her hair. "Only one. Of course, I already think you're a perfect ten, so my rating won't change. However, I can officially change the ranking after we have sex. That is, if you're up to standard, of course."
He laughed, shaking his head. "How do you girls come up with this shit? Is this like Cosmo's sex scale or something?"
"No, only us being silly."
"So, who does rate a perfect ten?"
"Brad Pitt, Johnny Depp, Robert Pattinson."
"Who's he?"
"Guy from Twilight."
"And how do these guys rate a ten and I don't. Last I heard, your chums hadn't had sex with any of them either."
"Well, because they're Johnny Depp, Brad Pitt and Robert Pattinson."
"Gotcha. But I'm still the one who gets to make love to you, right?"
"Right. I'm all yours."
"Sweet." He tapped the roof of his car with his knuckles. "Why drool scale?"
"That's how much drool builds up in your mouth when you picture him naked."
Billy burst out laughing. "Girls," he mumbled, turning into his driveway.

© 2016 Dellani Oakes

No comments:

Old Time Religion ~ A Love in the City Romance by Dellani Oakes – Part 51

Mrs. Bannister bustled in a couple minutes after Obi and Clive arrived. "Thank goodness you're here," she said to Clive. "...