Thursday, December 29, 2016

Emmelia Spenser, Mining Guild Chairman of the Board

What is your story?
It's not just my story, it's the story of the galaxy. I just happen to be in it. It's told in the Lone Wolf Series.
Who are you?
I am Emmelia Spenser, Chairman of the Mining Guild Board of Directors.
Where do you live?
I live in the penthouse of the Mining Guild Tower. I have other homes scattered about, but I'm most secure here.
Are you the hero of your own story?
I'm not the hero of anything. In fact, most would consider me rather villainous.
Care to explain that last answer?
As Chairman of the Board, I must make the tough decisions. You don't win many friends that way. In fact, there are probably dozens of people trying to kill me and thousands who want me dead.
Do you embrace conflict?
Conflict seems to embrace me. By the very nature of my job, I am in a constant state of conflict and turmoil. Do I embrace it? No. I hire skilled people to deal with it for me.
How do you see yourself?
I am cold hearted, cool headed, hard as nails, soft as silk, I am a conundrum, a paradox. I have been described as exotic, classic, Aquiline, and statuesque. That makes me sound like an island, a book, a bird and a hunk of rock! I'm a lady, pure and simple, high maintenance, feminine and capable of taking out any competition with a single call.
Who would you call?
Why, Wil VanLipsig of course. That man can take care of anything.
How do your friends see you?
Ssylvenia is the closest friend I have. Sometimes I'm sure she thinks I'm horrible. I make the tough decisions. She doesn't always agree with me.
How do your enemies see you?
They don't call me the Dragon Lady for nothing. Oh, yes. I know about that. I've been called worse. Who cares what the bastards call me as long as they leave me alone? And if they don't, I call Wil.
How does the author see you?
Amazingly, she admires me. She sees me as a woman caught in circumstances not of her making. My father was murdered when I was 25, I inherited the job as Chairman when he died. My life has never been my own. Dellani sees me as someone who's been trapped in a life she hates. And I hate myself sometimes too.
What do you think of yourself?
I'm really a lonely, unloved child inside. My father was cold, harsh, uncaring. He never expressed any love of me, although, in my youth, I said I loved him often. Now I wonder if I ever did.
Do you have money troubles?
I'm among the richest, most powerful women in the galaxy. The top three are: Chairman Aisulov of the Galactic Committee, Chairman Shimmelfenig of the Navigation Guild and me. Not necessarily in that order, however.
What is your most closely guarded secret?
I don't tell secrets. That's one reason that I've stayed alive so long
Who was your first love?
I fell in love with the stable boy at my grandfather's estate. Richard was only ever kind to me, though I was a complete bitch to him when we met. After my grandfather condemned my behavior, that changed. We became dear friends, then lovers. I'm sure my father and grandparents would have been horrified to know I lost my virginity to a servant. That is, perhaps, one reason I did it. My younger years were full of small, secret rebellions which would, had they been discovered, have caused a huge furor. I was, even then, extremely good at keeping secrets.
Have you ever had an adventure?
Most certainly! When my father was murdered, Wil saved me by kidnapping me and spiriting me away to a desert world far off in the galaxy. We saved our own lives, helped Lena, brought Murdock back to life and watched as Valkyrie's daughter was born. She's my goddaughter, you know.
Was there a major turning point in your life? My father's death. I became who I am today.
What is your favorite color?
The color of the sea outside my windows.
Do you have any regrets?
I regret that I was thrown into this life so young. I never had a husband, child or a true relationship, not after Richard. Sadly, that was doomed to fail before it began. He's married now, to a lovely woman, and they have four wonderful children. I wish that had been my life.
© 2016 Dellani Oakes


No comments:

Old Time Religion ~ A Love in the City Romance by Dellani Oakes – Part 51

Mrs. Bannister bustled in a couple minutes after Obi and Clive arrived. "Thank goodness you're here," she said to Clive. "...