Tuesday, January 31, 2017

I Love Dialogue from Room 103 by Dellani

Deputy Marshal Marice Houston is back for her tenth college reunion and hooks up with her former boyfriend, Kris Hood. When out for breakfast with friends, Marice has one too many mimosas.

You never could hold your alcohol,” he teased. “One of the many things I love about you.” He kissed me on the forehead.
You love that I can't drink booze? What's up with that?” I slurred.
Makes you a cheap date,” Brian added, nudging me.
I'll just eat twice as much to compensate,” I decided.
Rose giggled. I giggled. Nadine giggled. The men moved the pitchers of mimosas away from us.
I'm cutting off your supply, young lady,” Kris scolded with a smile.
As long as it's the mimosas and not the orgasms, that's okay.”
Did you mean to say that so loudly?”
No. But you got me drunk. Now you have to put up with my lack of self-control.”
I can work with that,” he murmured, nibbling my ear. “We missed our morning wake up.”
I tried to rest my forehead against his, but I couldn't manage it. It was completely beyond my skill set at that point. “Me too,” I tried to whisper, but failed. “Sex with you is super fun.”
Thanks. You're fun, too.”
And it feels really good. And it makes me scream,” I continued, unable to stop talking. “And I'm really, really going to miss you when I go home. So much!” I declared, hiccuping. “So—much!”
I think it's time to take you home and let you sleep this off.”
No sleeping. Nope, nope, nope. Not when we can have sex in the foyer again. That was fun!”
Kris dropped some money on the table toward the tip and led me out the door. I stumbled, but he held me up.
Babe, you're starting to freak me out a little.”
I don't drink much,” I slurred. “But I swear, I don't get this drunk....” I stopped by the curb and hurled, narrowly missing my shoes.
Kris, god bless him, held me as I vomited up everything in my stomach. I do believe I would have puked up my own ass if I could have. I've never felt so sick in my life.
I don't like this,” he said, looking around for something. “I don't like this at all. If I put you in the car, can you keep from barfing on my upholstery?”
For now. Why?”
I'm gonna get you an antiemetic.”
That's the no barfing medicine, right?”
Yeah.”
Why are you still here?”
© 2016 Dellani Oakes


No comments:

Old Time Religion ~ A Love in the City Romance by Dellani Oakes – Part 51

Mrs. Bannister bustled in a couple minutes after Obi and Clive arrived. "Thank goodness you're here," she said to Clive. "...