Thursday, April 19, 2018

Oscar Friedman's Freakish Occurrence - Part 8 by Dellani

Things are getting freakier with the car. Not only does it drive him out of town, it speaks to him, shaming and threatening him. Completely freaked out, he decides to take the car back to the rental company, even if it means buying a new car for transportation. On a whim, he invites Jasmine Bond to dinner. After a little too much to drink, they decide to go dancing.

"I love to dance! Where can we go?"
"The hotel has a lounge with dancing, sir," the waitress told them in a quiet voice. "They're open until three."
"Shank of the evening!" Oscar said more loudly than he meant to.
Handing the waitress a generous tip, he walked unsteadily to the lounge with Jasmine. They danced and drank until the lounge closed. Uncertain that she could get home, Jasmine hesitated at the doorway.
"Come upstairs. I'll make coffee. Then you can call a cab."
"Okay," she agreed. "I like coffee."
Between the two of them, they got his door open. It took nearly five minutes of giggling and shushing to get the card to work. They collapsed together on the king sized bed, laughing giddily.
"You know what, Bond, Jasmine Bond?"
"Nope. What?"
"I'd really like to kiss you," Oscar said, suddenly feeling less light headed.
"I'd really like that," she replied, grabbing his coat collar.
Totally out of character, Oscar found himself not only kissing Jasmine Bond, but doing things on a first date he'd never done before. In a turn of events that caught them both by surprise, they were naked. Somehow, making love seemed like the right thing to do, so they did. Following an even more logical sequence of events, they tried it again just to make sure they had done it right the first time, only to find that they had.
It wasn't until the phone rang at 9:00 the next morning that they woke in the middle of the bed, spooning. Oscar didn't know which of them was more embarrassed, but rather suspected it was he. Even as a teenager, he'd never bedded a woman he'd known less than a day. Sure, he'd fooled around a lot in high school and college, but always with girls he'd known for awhile. As an adult, the only women he'd gone to bed with were ones he'd known for months or years, never a casual acquaintance.
Feeling wretched about his behavior, he finally realized that the phone was ringing. As Jasmine stumbled to the bathroom, he answered.
"Yeah?"
"Oscar, where are you?"
"Huh? Who is this?"
"Patrick. It's Patrick!"
"Oh, hey, Patrick. Sorry, I didn't recognize your voice."
"Have you been drinking?"
"Last night, some.... I lost track."
"You're late. You were supposed to be here thirty minutes ago."
"Oh, crap!" Oscar sat up in bed, dropping the phone.
Scrambling around, he picked it up again. Patrick was in full voice, yelling angrily.
"Are you listening to me?"
"Yes, Pat. Sorry. I overslept. I had a little bit to drink last night."
"Get your ass over here now!"
"Coming. I'm coming. I need a shower. I'll be there." He hung up.
Jasmine stood in the bathroom doorway clutching her clothing. "I'm so embarrassed. I never did anything like this before. I'm mortified."
"I'm so sorry," Oscar began. "Me either. It was just so...."
"..... Right," she finished.
"Yeah. I have a huge favor to ask."
"Sure."
"Can you drive me to today's venue? I don't trust that car. It gave me fits yesterday."
"Sure. I need a shower."
"Me too. Let's share."
Raising an eyebrow, she gave him a dubious look.
"I promise. No peeking. I'll bathe with my eyes closed."
Giggling, she tugged his hand. "You've seen me naked already."
"Which is why I'll bathe with my eyes closed. Otherwise, both of us are gonna be real late getting anywhere."
They bathed and dressed quickly, heading to the parking lot together. His car was parked right where he'd left it, looking innocent in the morning sunshine. Walking to another area of the lot, they got in her car and headed to the Barnes & Noble where the day long event was taking place. Huge banners in the windows proclaimed his presence at the store.
"Thanks," Oscar said as she pulled up in front of the store. "Jasmine, about last night...."
"Forget about it," she smiled.
"I don't want to. I know it sounds crazy, but I really don't want it to be a one night thing. I'd like to see you again. This time, I swear, I won't get you drunk and take advantage."
"I'd like that. Shall I pick you up at six?"
© 2018 Dellani Oakes


No comments:

Old Time Religion ~ A Love in the City Romance by Dellani Oakes – Part 51

Mrs. Bannister bustled in a couple minutes after Obi and Clive arrived. "Thank goodness you're here," she said to Clive. "...