Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Lack of Inspiration - Written On the Way to the Meeting!



March 4, 2009

Eleven thirty-three and I must leave by noon.
I wait for inspiration, I'll need it very soon.
Eleven forty-four, I'm heading for the door.
Still wait for inspiration. It's coming now for sure.

Eleven fifty-three, still nothing in my mind.
The inspiration left me flat, and now I am behind.
Eleven fifty-five, I'm sitting at a light
Inspiration hits me, I simply have to write!

Eleven fifty-six, the light's about to change.
I scribble like a lunatic who should be in a cage.
Eleven fifty-nine, I finally got it down.
I'm feeling pretty happy as I drive into the town.

It's finally twelve thirty and time for class to start.
I take my paper in my hand, be still my beating heart.
Convinced I've written Shakespeare, I smile & politely clap.
But when it's my turn to read my poem, I know I've written crap.

Don't know where inspiration went, but it's been gone too long.
Next time, I just won't try to write, I'll sing a happy song.
© 2018 Dellani Oakes


No comments:

Old Time Religion ~ A Love in the City Romance by Dellani Oakes – Part 51

Mrs. Bannister bustled in a couple minutes after Obi and Clive arrived. "Thank goodness you're here," she said to Clive. "...