Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Sexy Without the Sex - A Bride for Brodie (part 2) by Dellani Oakes

A Bride for Brodie has a lot of really fun, sexy scenes between Brodie and Cassandra, because they don't immediately hop into bed. She has a lot of issues, not the least of which is her ex-fiance was a total jerk. The first part took place the night they met. This scene takes place the following day.
Brodie made kind of an ass of himself the night before. He didn't mean to, but Cassandra sent very mixed messages and he couldn't really be responsible for picking up on the more obvious, I want you ones, because that's what he wants too.


The next morning I was a little disappointed to find that the elevator not only arrived on time, but it didn't have Cassandra Tillerman in it. As angry as she'd made me the day before, she'd more than made up for it last night. I couldn't help wondering how I was going to look her in the eye the next time I saw her, because I was going to be really distracted by the warm, sensual memories of our encounter in my living room.
My curiosity was satisfied about five minutes later when she walked into my office. Dressed in a pink designer suit that reminded me of Jackie Kennedy, she strutted through the door looking soft, cuddly and desirable with another pair of those sexy pumps on her feet. These were black and matched her purse and the trim on her suit.
Saige, my assistant, called me from my office, exchanging a long look with me behind Cassandra's back. She and I are good friends and up until about a week ago, I had more than a little crush on her before she hooked up with a good friend of mine. Cassandra looked uncomfortable, nervous and slightly flushed. Saige sat at her desk trying to pretend she wasn't listening to us. I led Cassandra into my office.
"My mother sent me over with the pictures and blueprints," she showed me a portfolio case and a long, cardboard tube.
"Oh, yes, she told me she was going to do that. I assumed she'd send a courier."
I gestured for her to sit down, but she stood just inside the doorway, wielding the photos and blueprints like a weapon or charms to ward off evil.
"She was going to, but I walked in at just the right time to be given the job instead. She thinks we need to chat." She half smiled, not moving.
"Do we?"
I chuckled, glancing around the offices nervously. Everyone looked extraordinarily busy, but I knew they were all trying to eavesdrop. I led Cassandra into my office, offering her a seat. This time she sat, crossing her legs as I shut the door.
I couldn't do anything about the front window that overlooks Ches' office, because it has no blind, but the other walls I could cover. I closed the blinds on the sides so we had the illusion of privacy. I had never felt so on display in all my life. Part of me wanted to go primal and make love to her on my desk for all to see. But I held that part in check and sat behind my desk with as much aplomb as I could muster. My brain was battling itself, but my face, I hope, showed none of this.
"This is going to be awkward, isn't it?" She blushed prettily, igniting yet another fire inside me.
Making the pretense of taking out the pictures to show me, she handed them across the desk. Every movement belied what she was saying. The girl could go on Broadway. Nothing she said matched her actions.
"I hope not."
I looked over the pictures calmly while the inside of my head exploded. Oh, please don't say you want this to be a professional relationship or I'll run into traffic and pray for a bus with bad brakes to cream me.
"I've never been so attracted to any man in all my life as I am you." She pointed to two of the pictures, smiling as if telling me something witty.
I grinned, nodding and feeling like a fool. I was doing the same damn thing she was, and was nearly as good at it. She handed me the blueprints and I laid the tube on the drafting table next to my desk. She stood beside me, our arms not quite touching.
"Then what's the problem?"
"I'm scared out of my mind." Her smile seemed rather strained, her lips twitching spasmodically.
"Of me?" I couldn't help glancing up at her, wide eyed.
Giggling happily, she took the blueprints out of the tube, spreading them on my drafting table. "No. Of myself. Of what I might do given half a chance."
I leaned over her shoulder, examining the blueprints with a practiced skill. Even if I was only pretending to look, I was appraising the plans, making mental notes of what to examine more closely later. I automatically noted the interior weight bearing walls, coming up one short. Another glance found it.
"What might you do?"
My hand brushed her waist, a simple, meaningless gesture to anyone watching. My touch made her jump toward me, setting me on fire. She shivered, shifting away from me slightly.
"Lose all self-control," the blush softened, working its way down to the bodice of her suit.
"Why's that a bad thing? Sometimes giving in to our baser instincts has its advantages."
I spoke with studied calm even though I wanted to lick her neck from base to earlobe. My breath was hot on her skin. I could feel her body's heat burning me.
"Don't, please, Brodie."
Clearing my throat, I frowned, bending over the plans, closely examining them pretending to locate that other wall I'd already spotted. Jotting down a note or two, I kept looking, smoothing the paper out flat.
"Don't what? What am I doing but being honest? I'm hot for you, you seem hot for me, but you won't let your barriers down enough to let me in. I'm talking emotionally, not physically. You've got a handle on the physical barriers." I spoke more sharply than I'd intended to. Her eyes started to tear up and I knew I'd put my foot in it.
"I'm sorry," I said softly, trying to touch her hand.
Cassandra jerked her fingers away from mine, suddenly chilly. "You can see that the dimensions are different on the east side from what they are on the west. Dad and I wondered if that caused a problem."
"How much difference in square footage?" I turned on the professionalism. About time, huh?
"Overall, about ten square feet per proposed unit."
"Charge more for the bigger side. There's really no need to compensate," I meant the apartments, but left the statement open to interpretation.
"I'm not compensating," she picked up the double meaning.
"Then what are you doing? Because I'd really like to know, Cassandra. Is it wrong for me to want to know where this relationship is going? Is it wrong for me to ask you what you want from me?"
I leaned closer to the paper, right over her shoulder. I whispered, my lips brushing her ear. "Is it wrong for me to want to feel your body wrapped around mine in passion? Don't you want to know what it's like to have me inside you? I'll set you on fire and then put out the flames. If that's wrong, I want to be wrong with you every moment for the rest of my life."
Cassandra stiffened, jerking away from me abruptly, nearly knocking me in the teeth with her shoulder. "I think I'd better be going, Mr. Brodie. Mother said she'd meet you at the restaurant at one. Don't be late, she doesn't like to be kept waiting."
"Nor do I. I'm a fairly patient man, Cassandra, but I only wait so long before I'm gone."

"I see," she said without much conviction. "I'll leave you to the plans then." She scuttled out sideways like a crab.


© Dellani Oakes
To Purchase Dellani's Books:

No comments:

Old Time Religion ~ A Love in the City Romance by Dellani Oakes – Part 51

Mrs. Bannister bustled in a couple minutes after Obi and Clive arrived. "Thank goodness you're here," she said to Clive. "...