Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Sexy Without the Sex - We Are the Champions by Dellani Oakes

Asher Wilkinson is an actor who works with an improv group called Cheesers Champions. He meets Ruby one night when she's called up to participate in one of the skits. They hit it off and she shows up the next night as well -- and the next.

This time, their kiss wasn't just a tease. Ruby stood close, her hips not quite touching his. Her hands rested on his cheeks, her fingers in his hair. Asher held her waist, his chest resting against hers. Ruby opened her cherry colored lips, sighing contentedly. Her breath tickled Asher's lips making them tingle excitedly. One second more, delighting in the titillating nearness, he closed the last fraction of an inch that separated their waiting mouths. The noises around them faded into a blur of muffled sound, creating an impersonal backdrop to the scene playing out between them.
Asher's tongue swept into her mouth, teasing hers. Ruby opened more and he deepened the kiss. She tasted like strawberries and cherry Coke, a combination he found intoxicating. Her perfume was soft and dusky, making him think of dried rose petals. Her hands moved to his waist, circling around. His heart raced as she pulled him closer, bringing his hips to hers. He couldn't stop a soft moan from escaping him.
Someone cleared his throat nearby. Asher opened his eyes, turning toward the sound.
"Sorry, my friend," the stage manager said. "But we've got to clean up. Looks like you need a more private venue to continue."
"Aw, hell," Asher groaned. He found he'd already unbuttoned Ruby's blouse.
She wore a silk shell beneath it, but his hands were on her breasts and the throbbing member in his pants could no longer be disguised by his shirt.
"I'm so sorry," he mumbled to Ruby. Putting his arm around her shoulders, he led her to the dressing room area. "Pardon me for mauling you in a public place," he whispered. "Seems I don't have the self-control I've always prided myself on."
"Did I seem to mind?" She toyed with his collar, rubbing her hips invitingly against his.
Asher leaned her against the wall, hands on either side of her head. His knee slipped between her legs as he lowered his mouth to hers once more.
"Nope."
"Get a room," Hansel said as he walked by. "You're making me horny and Gabe is out of town."
"Sod off," Asher replied, flipping him the bird.
The others wandered past. The women spoke, the men didn't. Once they'd all gone, Asher sighed.
"Nothing like an entire theatre of chaperones to break a man's concentration."
"You seem to be doing just fine."
"But I'm not getting lucky tonight."
"Did you expect to?"
"Not really, but I remain hopeful."
"You just want to try that suggestion on the card."
"I'm a guy. . . ."
"You say that like it's a bad thing."
"Just hoping for forgiveness."
Ruby yanked on his belt loop, pulling him closer. "Can I tell you a secret?"
"Sure." He nipped her earlobe, his fingers trailing down her arm.
"Women like sex too."
He stopped nipping at her, meeting her gaze, surprised she'd say such a thing.
"Really, it's true! Only we're not always as quick to give in to those urges."
"You like to torture the men in your life."
She laughed, arching her neck. Asher couldn't resist the temptation of that long expanse of lush skin. His mouth descended. Ruby inhaled sharply as he licked her throat.
"We don't want to be slutty," she whispered.
"I don't think you're slutty." His words were muffled by his mouth on her neck.
Ruby pushed at his chest, sliding away from him. Asher groaned, nearly banging his head on the wall.
"Are you okay?"
He chuckled, shaking his head. "Nothing an hour in bed with you wouldn't cure. Swear to god, Doc, you make me so hot, I can't stand it."
She put her hand on his forehead. "You're feverish again. You need to go back to bed."
Asher pulled her close. Ruby lost her balance, falling into his embrace. "That's what I was tryin' to do, but you won't let me."
"By yourself. To sleep."
"Yeah, I know. Don't stop me wishing."
His Southern accent was much stronger when he was aroused. The musicality of his words played at Ruby, making her think of lapping waves and swaying palm trees.
"I'll go. On one condition."
"Depends on the condition," she replied.
"You promise we'll go out on a real date tomorrow. The clinic is closed. I'm not workin'."
"A real date. Okay. What do you have in mind, Mr. Wilkinson?"
"I dunno, Doctor—what's your last name anyhow?"
She closed her eyes, sighing. "I hoped you'd read my card and see."
"I was feverish, Doc."
"Ruby Diamond."
"Aw, Doc, you're kidding. Your folks saddled you with a name like that?"
"It gets worse. My middle name is Pearl."
"Were they drinkin'? Or stoned or somethin'? How do you give a pretty little baby girl a name like 'at?"
"Believe me, I've asked myself that a million times. I never got a chance to ask them. They were both killed when I was small. My grandparents raised me."
His arms wound around her, drawing her body close. "Doctor Ruby Pearl Diamond, you are, indeed, a very precious gem of a woman. I really wanna get to know the lady with the jewel of a name."
"I'd like that too, Asher. You know my guilty secret name, what's yours?"
"Who says I have one?"
Ruby eyed him, arms crossing her chest. “You felt sorry for me. No one has ever been that sympathetic about my name, which leads me to believe yours is as bad or worse.”
He straightened, face full of disgust. "You had to ask. Well, you told me yours, reckon I can tell you mine."
She waited patiently, chin raised, lips inviting. He'd far rather kiss her again than tell her his name. If his friends ever found out, they'd tease him unmercifully for the rest of his life.
"You can't tell anyone," he whispered. "Or I will be forced to kill myself and you don't want that on your conscience."
"I'd hate to be responsible for the death and subsequent mortification of such a finely sculpted body."
It took him a second work through since the majority of his blood pounded in his lower regions. "Fine." He leaned closer, lips by her ear. "Gaylord," he mumbled.

© Dellani Oakes

No comments:

Old Time Religion ~ A Love in the City Romance by Dellani Oakes – Part 51

Mrs. Bannister bustled in a couple minutes after Obi and Clive arrived. "Thank goodness you're here," she said to Clive. "...