Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Character Quotes from So Much It Hurts by Dellani


How about you unpack and grab a shower and I’ll take you to dinner? There’s a good Thai place around the corner,” Flynn said.
That would be really great, thank you. I could sure use a shower. I was on the bus for hours! I feel grungy,” Pia replied.
I’ve got to get another one myself. I didn’t get all the paint off.”
You’re an artist?”
Yes. I’m a body painter. I also model for others. You can’t tell now, but I was most recently the subject of a camouflage painting along the wharf.” He took out his phone and showed her pictures. It took her a moment to pick him out of the background.
That’s very cool! You did that?”
No. I’m good, but I still haven’t figured out how to paint my own ass.”
Pia stared at the picture and picked out the pose. He was facing the water, a perfect depiction of a weathered wood piling on his right leg. His left was on a packing crate, making him look rather like the Captain Morgan’s Rum pose. He had a very nice ass under all that paint.
Very cool. Even if you can’t paint your own ass. But think how much money you’d make if you could!”
Not sure there’s a big demand for that.”
© 2017 Dellani Oakes


No comments:

Old Time Religion ~ A Love in the City Romance by Dellani Oakes – Part 51

Mrs. Bannister bustled in a couple minutes after Obi and Clive arrived. "Thank goodness you're here," she said to Clive. "...