Sunday, August 28, 2011

Enter the Lone Wolf


Wil VanLipsig, AKA The Lone Wolf, is the hero in my new sci-fi novel, "Lone Wolf". We interviewed him awhile back and he graciously allowed us to post his replies. (In other words, he didn't threaten to kill us if we did.)
Second Wind: We're here today to talk to Wilhelm VanLipsig captain of the ship the Loup Garou. Wil, what did you do before running freight for the Mining Guild?
Wilhelm VanLipsig: I was a colonel in the Galactic Marine Corps. Then I did contract work.
SW: Where does the handle, The Lone Wolf, come from?
Wil: I got that name serving in the Marines. I like to work alone and I'm ruthless.
SW: Are you the hero of your own story?
Wil: I'm the hero of every story.
SW: What is your problem in the story?
Wil: Some psycho son-of-a-bitch wants me dead and then he wants to take over the universe. The usual.
SW: Can you tell us something else about yourself?
Wil: I'm 86 years old, look like I'm 26 and I've been changed so much by the Marine doctors, I don't think I'm even quite human anymore.
SW: Do you embrace or run from conflict?
Wil: I make love to conflict, then I beat until it surrenders. Incidentally, I don't treat women the same way.
SW: How do you see yourself?
Wil: I am the bringer of death. If you see me coming, you've got 10 seconds to say your prayers.
SW: How do your friends see you?
Wil: I don't really have any friends.
SW: How do your enemies see you?
Wil: I'm the shadow of death, the invisible man. If they see me, I did something terribly wrong.
SW: How does the author see you?
Wil: Dellani thinks I'm dead sexy, smoking hot, seriously jacked, evil and dangerously seductive.
SW: Do you agree with her analysis of you?
Wil: I'm not arguing.
SW: What do you think of yourself?
Wil: I'm the coldest hearted asshole in the galaxy.
SW: Do you have a goal?
Wil: Get the other bastards before they get me.
SW: Do you keep your achievements to yourself?
Wil: Most are classified. The only ones who know what I've done are the others who were there with me. Most of them are dead.
SW: Do you have any special strengths?
Wil: My battle plans have made the textbooks and are required reading at the officer's academy. One general said, "VanLipsig's battle plans are a symphony of destruction with each movement bathed in the blood of the enemy." I have to admit, I'm pretty proud of that.
SW: Do you have any special weaknesses? Other than your obvious modesty?
Wil: Amusing, really. Yeah, I can't carry a tune.
SW: What do you believe?
Wil: I believe in honor and I adhere to it. Not everyone agrees with my code of ethics though.
SW: What do you regret?
Wil: I regret the fact that I wasn't there for the people who needed me.
SW: What, if anything, haunts you?
Wil: The faces of everyone I've ever had to kill.
SW: Has anyone ever betrayed you?
Wil: Yeah. And I killed her for it.
SW: Have you ever failed anyone?
Wil: Pretty much every day, I imagine.
SW: Did anything newsworthy happen on the day you were born?
Wil: According to my old man, hell opened its doors and spit me forth. I hope he's waiting for me when I get there. I'll kick his abusive ass.
SW: Was there ever a defining moment of your life?
Wil: Meeting Matilda. She has made me become the man I wanted to be and couldn't seem to find on my own.
SW: What is your most closely guarded secret?
Wil: If I told you, I'd have to kill you. You look like you think I'm kidding.
SW: Do you have any hobbies?
Wil: Does sex count?
SW: What is your favorite item of clothing? Why?
Wil: I don't really care what I wear but I always have my gun belt, even if I'm naked.
SW: Name five items in your pockets.
Wil: Nothing. Too much stuff slows you down and can identify you when you're dead.
SW: If you were stranded on a desert island, would you rather be stranded with, a man or a woman?
Wil: What the hell good would another man be? A woman with lots of stamina. It would be nice if she was intelligent too, but that's not a requirement.

No comments:

Old Time Religion ~ A Love in the City Romance by Dellani Oakes – Part 51

Mrs. Bannister bustled in a couple minutes after Obi and Clive arrived. "Thank goodness you're here," she said to Clive. "...