Tuesday, April 30, 2019

True Beginnings by Amanda Mackey




I’m addicted to it. War, battle—the thrill of being in mortal combat and constant danger. Not knowing whether I’ll still be breathing one moment to the next is a rush I can’t explain.
But I hate that I love it. It’s like a sickness that sank its hooks into my psyche and refuses to let go. I’m living with nightmares and the strange reality of civilian life, while I crave my next mission.
Until I meet a sassy redhead with sharp wit and scalding green eyes. She stirs the same adrenaline rush I experienced while dropping from the sky into enemy territory.
Charlotte is everything that’s right in this wretched world. There’s a kindness in her, but I’m afraid the darkness lurking within me will destroy it. I’m not the kind of man she deserves. She’s too good for me.
I shouldn’t want her the way I do, and if I were a good man, I would walk away
Problem is…I’m not.




Amanda Mackey was born in New Zealand and moved to Australia when she was 12 years old with her family, where she has lived ever since. She has loved books since an early age and is an avid reader. This has helped lay the foundation for her writing. She's published 7 novels to date with plenty more on the way. An author with Limitless Publishing, she loves to spend time with family when she's not writing or reading. Amanda hopes to make writing her full time career and travel in the near future.
She is the author of Pain, Your Heart to Keep, Instinctual 1 & 2, Finding You, Losing You, Saving Me, Defending Jagger, Stealing Dallas, Once an Angel, True Identity, True Sacrifice and True Beginnings.


No comments:

Old Time Religion ~ A Love in the City Romance by Dellani Oakes – Part 51

Mrs. Bannister bustled in a couple minutes after Obi and Clive arrived. "Thank goodness you're here," she said to Clive. "...